802 Pennington Street, 2nd floor Elizabeth, NJ 07202 | C: (908) 248-1158 | E: Theresakolas@outlook.com
Human Resources Generalist who promotes a team-oriented and open-door environment that is conducive to a successful staff. Offering many years of experience and knowledge in training, orientation, customer service, advocacy and administration.
- Staffing and recruiting professional New hire orientation
- Benefits administrator Employee relations
- Training and development Personnel records maintenance
- OSHA inspections Notary
- Strategic thinker Detail-oriented
- BA in Human Service Management, University of Phoenix Completed, August, 2015
- Associates in Human Service Management, , University of Phoenix Completed, March, 2013
Community Access Unlimited 11/2001 - Present
Human Resources Administrative Assistant Elizabeth, NJ
- Directly support the Managing Director of Human Resources by Facilitating day to day operations of the HR department.
- Administer employee benefits including enrollment changes.
- Conduct criminal history background checks.
- Ensure accurate screening and tracking of employee background and physical check-ups.
- Review and maintain all work related employee incidents /accidents.
- Prepare workers compensation documentation and OSHA reports.
- Supply employees with any information pertinent to carrying out their job duties satisfactory or with confident knowledge.
- Interview and Recruit employee opportunities in the absence of the Recruiter.
- Direct 1st Day Orientation preparation for new employees.
- Manage employee training scheduling and tracking for both in-house and external trainings.
- Prepare and submit grant vouchers for agency trainings for the State of New Jersey.
- Record and collect training attendances of staff and distributes memos of offenses accordingly.
- Assist in planning, implementation and delivery of training and presentation.
- Update and maintain HRIS databases
YWCA of Eastern Union County 06/2013 – Present
Residential Advocate Elizabeth, NJ
- Supervise and advocate in providing resources to live in residents.
- Answer and monitor Domestic Violence hotline switchboard.
- Communicate daily logs with staff and case notes of residents and hot line callers.
- Maintain a stable environment within the shelter for residents.
- Assist hotline callers with appropriate needs; shelter, counseling, legal, etc.
- Proven ability to remain calm, analyze problems and develop solutions in stressful situations.
Garden State Motor Lodge 8/2007-8/2008
Front Desk Clerk 8/2009-5/2013
- Assign and Assist guest with reserved or available occupancy.
- Cashier and Inventory.
- Maintain and organize the front desk and housekeeping duties.
- Assign housekeepers with vacancies.
- Customer Service.
Domestic Violence Organized
Preventing Abuse & Neglect Human Resources audits
Crisis Intervention ABRA
Dynamics of Human Interaction Training Tracking
Basic Counseling MS Office/Excel/Outlook
HR policies and procedures expertise
Exceptional interpersonal skills